"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not Feeling Well


I wasn't feeling well last night. Headache was killing me, and my throat felt like it was on fire. I used one of those cooling headache pads on my forehead and went to bed at around 10-10:30..

I woke up at 2:00am with muscle and bones aching, fever, headache, sore throat and ears' pain... I felt nauseous! I did not want to bother my parents since they are not feeling well, so I ended up calling my lil sister on her cell and she came in to the rescue. She gave me Panadol Cold & Flu, massaged my head... but I was nowhere near feeling any better, so at around 2:40am we decided to go to the ER.

I arrived with 38.6C fever, by the time I was in the examination room, my temperature was 39.5C. The doctor decided to give me some glucose or Panadol drip (I am not sure/cant really remember) and an injection. I was there till after 5:00am, dead tired and so weak. They managed to get my temperature down and released me with a two days rest note for work. I even suggested to go back to work on Monday if I get better, and the doctor said that I shouldn't. He even said I may need to come back if I dont get any better.

I went back home... the sun was almost up, I went back to bed and slept till 2:40PM!!!!! My mom just came in to check on me, and she said that her and dad came numerous times to check on me but I just did not move... She said my dad even stayed a while with me, tried to talk to me but with no response LOL!

My ears are still killing me, I have no appetite to eat anything (and acidity reflux is not helping)... but I have to since I have some medications to take! Ughhhh! I dont like being sick!

19 comments:

Jonyboy said...

Get well soon, lady. Ye need to gather the rose-buds.

Anonymous said...

salamaaaaaaat ;*

Unknown said...

ooooh sweety , salamtej matshoofeen shar . Inshallah u'll get well soon :**

Daddy's Girl said...

Weee my dear ma itshofeen shar

Get well soon...

I get flus 10 times a year. Once each month...

Fa i have two remedies...

#1 bring one whole ma6arat chai awsad, 3seer one lemon, o garshat 3asal...

O drink all the ma6ara with 3asal o laimoon... it is the best

but i cannot use it anymore as my body reacts violently to tea and honey when im sick

2nd remedey?

I tried it multiple times. It works

My friend who was pregnant o couldnt take flu medication o it worked for her too

Remember an email once sent? About an onion and sugar?

You make a groove in a white onion, o put inside it one teaspoon of sugar, leave it overnight

Next morning drink the juice forming out of it...

Sounds yucky i know, smells bad, but tastes 100% sugar i swear no traces of onion at all o makes u better in a few hours... u won't lose a thing try it and see...

Daddy's Girl said...

eeee o 3laj 3atheem b3d if the previous two did not come to ur liking... my brother gave me that one...

Hot milk (preferably semi skimmed) with fresh ginger and honey... u will feel heat emitting from ur body as u drink it and it will soothe u instantly

O ako '3ar'3ara for the bala3eem its colored blue very very good it will make the pain in ur throat disapppear but not the flu

Ansam said...

Jonyboy-
Thanks.. hehehe I dont have the energy. I am still in bed :-S ALL FRIGGIN day in bed, just got out to have a soup and went back right after that

Delly-
Alla yesalmich :-D

Zabo0o6a-
eshar mayeech, alla yesalmich. Inshalla :-)

Daddy's Girl-
eshar mayeech, I do go for that onion remedy, and its helpful sara7a... I do similar tea to yours (its a bit of both, the tea and milk remedies you gave)
It goes:
boiling water, adding ginger and cinnamon sticks. Remove from stove, add lemon juice and fresh mint leaves... a homemade antibiotic hehehe

His Sweetheart said...

Oh, that must felt bad!

glad you're up on your feet again!

Daddy's Girl said...

Ansam

Momtaz Jedan!

I cannot take any Vitamin C or Tea or Honey or lemon if i have the slightest hint of a flu or i will stay in bed vomiting for weeks...

Yalla sherbay chai o 7leeb chai o 7leb o onions laiman it6ebeen :D

FAH-Buzberry said...

Salamtich!!

Unknown said...

uH salamat Ansam,
get well soon!

NewQ8 Bride said...

waaay atee ma tshofeen shaar enshalah :) slamtich sweety

Aurous said...

salamat ma tshofeen shar ;)

Maitha* said...

matshooofeen shar!

Web Weaver said...

Salamat Ansam, Get Well soon!!!
I too am sick with the flu, my whole body aches,been sleeping most of the day and now I can't sleep ;p

Ansam said...

His Sweetheart-
I still feel weak -my body is still aching-, but much better
Thanks :-)

Daddy's Girl-
That sucks!
You are so sweeeeeet... thanks

FAH-Buzberry-
Alla yesalmik :-)

Fatima-
Thanks... alla yesalmich :-)

New Bride-
Eshar mayeech.. Thanks, alla yesalmich

Aurous-
Alla yesalmich thank you :-)

Maitha*
Eshar mayeech :-)

Web Weaver-
Thanks, alla yesalmich... o salamat to you too. I am drowsy, but sleeping all day is kinda keeping me awake now! I will try and catch some ZzZz's

Hasan.B said...

Salamtik men il ah

Anonymous said...

Sallamat..hope u feel better soon.

Fastidious Babe said...

salamaat! hope u feel better soon xx

Ansam said...

Hasan.B-
Alla yesalmik doc

..::Amu::..
Thanks, alla yesalmik

Fastidious Babe-
Alla yesalmich... Thank you

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent