"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

More Faloodeh



I went again to Marafie yesterday and got some more faloodeh and saffron ice cream.
It is located on Al Hilali St... I mean Al Shuhada now (the name changed after the invasion but I still refer to it as Al Hilali) opposite the fire station and below Baba Taher Restaurant. Their phone # is 2242-7866/77

10 comments:

Big Pearls said...

3alaich bil 3afya:)

Aurous said...

I've only had faloodah once... but I didn't like it ;p

Ansam said...

Big Pearls-
Alla ye3afeech :-)

Aurous-
Give it another try? ;-)

Maitha* said...

bl3aaafyaa!

Anonymous said...

Bil-3afya Ansam .. ;)
Does it taste like cola or pepsi ?
i tried it once before 3 years maybe, from bahar rest.

1001 Nights said...

Ok if you're into Iranian ice cream there's this restaurant called Naz and it's around the Jabriyah jam3iya. Now it's not really an exciting or hip restaurant and their food is decent. BUT their ice cream is way way beyond decent. They have this ice cream either called bastaani or bustaani something like that ilmuhim uhwa eeraani oo matroos za3faran flavor and if my memory doesn't fail me they had nuts on it as well it was by far the BEST IRANIAN ICE CREAM i've ever had.

Q80thug said...

Or you could have simply went to baba tahir and had a kshk badinjan with just-out-of-the-oven bread for starter , kabab sul6ani with buttery rice and zirishk berries and cap it off with their own falooda.Mmmmmmmmmm


sorry, in office daydreaming, didn't have lunch yet. :)

Ansam said...

Maitha*-
Alla ye3afeech

Hanan Sweetypie-
Cola? LOL no thats just the sign hehehe

1001 Nights-
I tried Naz and I loved one of their sandwiches (beef with pomegranate saucy paste YUMMM)
I will have to try that ice cream... you are the second one to recommend it after Daddy's Girl

Q80thug-
I just wanted faloodeh... its been ages since I have been to Baba Taher... we used to go a lot when we were kids
LOL I hope you had a wonderful lunch

q80thug said...

actually, no i didnt. ate a left over club sandwich that i kept yesterday in the office kitchen.

*pout*

Ansam said...

q80thug-
Poor you! I did not have time to eat at work today and I got home at around 4:40 and I was starving.. I ended up ordering Chinese

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent