"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Work After Long Break!

So Eid break was long enough (or not) for me to relax. I went to a spa twice (guilty) and spent most of the time with my family… I also got to see few friends here and there during the break. Most of my family members were gone during this break (either to Haj or tourism) so it was quite quiet… and Eid was not the same without them! We also did not do our Eid rituals which includes lunch out at our usual restaurant during Eid. I missed that, and I went through sometimes where I missed them and hoped I traveled along with them…. Good thing is I got all kinda nice goodies from them as gifts (sogha) when they got back... heehee.

So last night we were united with the rest of the family. Some arrived early in the evening, others arrived at almost midnight…. So I stayed up till around 1:20ish with them and then online till after 2:00am… I slept like a baby and forgot to reset my recurrent alaram (which I set off during Eid break) and woke up at 7:15am to realize “IT’S SUNDAY” and jumped outta bed like crazy and was on my way to work by 8:00! I even grabbed a granola bar to munch on instead of having breakfast… then received an SMS from a co-worker saying “Starbucks?” and since its this time of the year (Holidays Season) I had a sudden urge for a toffee nut latte… that was just awesome cuz I was having the worst headache ever!

Right now I am sitting on my desk, enjoying a toffee nut latte (thanks to A :-*) and thinking of new year’s break :-P

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to work!

eshda3wa said...

ma bga shay 3ala new years

Ansam said...

Amu-
Yeah!!!

eshda3wa-
I cant wait :-S I am drained

Hasan.B said...

Wala I am thinking of hamitaf. Chena your friends? Balgheha salamna, and tell her its time to come back;P

Ansam said...

Hasan.B-
Yeblagh :-)
yalla you come back too

Fastidious Babe said...

i cant wait till newyears! lol I WANNA SLEEP IN I MISS IT ALREADY!!!!

*sigh*


il7mdella 3ala salamat il family! x

cloudy stars said...

weli ma 3endohom work yet?:(

cloudy stars said...

i love the style in the 2nd pic

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the new year break. I'm still in vacation and thinking of it.

Anonymous said...

Hasan im flattered.. hehe.... if you come back... maybe I will ... =p

Hasan.B said...

Hamitaf; I really enjoyed reading your posts (excluding the ones about food and celebs!) I am not coming back anytime soon but I at least I am still around bothering people! You just disappeared!

Te7amelaina shwey Ya anisa ansam;P

Ansam said...

Fastidious Babe-
LOL so you know how Im feeling!
alla yesalmich :-D

Cloudy Stars-
Relax as much as they can :-P
second picture in the previous post?

Bashar-
Tell me about it

Hamitaf La B. & Hasan.B-
El blog bloggkom :-P

Anonymous said...

LoooL thanks ansam for providing a chatting zone...

I am constantly reading my fave blogs wallah ma5tefait....

but if I come back ra7 ekoon announcement 3ala blog ansam for sure hehehehehe....

Ansaaaaam you okay with thaaaaaaat???

Ansam said...

Hamitaf La B.-
afa 3alaich :-) tamreen amer :-*

We miss you and yes the announcement will be on my blog :-D I am so OK with that babes!

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent