"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Under The Weather

I think I am getting sick...
Sick of....
  • the weather (as in flu + sore throat)
  • having to talk to some people when I am too busy to be doing so (not saying who but will give examples later in the post)
  • insomnia! Yeah I have been sleeping at around 2:00AM or later for over a week now... this is a problem because I am usually in bed by 10:30-11
  • headache... is it normal to have a headache for over 10 days!? I have been avoiding the painkillers because they are not helping much anyway... and been using more of natural remedies like 4head and such! Its still not going away ;'-(
  • feeling nauseous! Yeah at some points I am just really sick of the headache that I wanna throw up (sorry for sharing too much unnecessary info LOL)
I sometimes say nice things to others and expect them to feel good about it but not question why I'm being nice and that I am saying it because I want something in return! Or have someone interrupt me, while I am really trying hard to concentrate, just to say something silly.. super silly. I would be so deep into my thoughts trying to figure something out or working on something and have someone going.. "Ansam... Ansam?? ANSAM??" and when I look up to that person... "You look really busy... hehehe" ughhhhhhhhhhhh!

I think I need a vaccation and I am not talking about a four days vaccation... I need like a minimum of 10 days outside Kuwait in some remote area where I can really clear my head and feel disconnected for a while.

Some friends -and I am sorry if you are one of those friends and get to read this- ask me to do simple tasks on their behalf... as simple as making a call for them!

And now I have a runny nose and feel tired and I think I am really gonna get sick JUST IN TIME FOR THE WEEKEND!

PS: I edited this post A LOT! I keep finding mistakes here and there... so I am giving up on finding more mistakes... the headache is not helping!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I want to run away from my life at this time and stay away for a while. It is the flu season too. Stay warm and drink lots of fluids.

Get well girl :(

Zaina said...

aww matshoufeen shar :*
Inshallaah u'll get back to normal in no time :P

Anonymous said...

hope you get well soon.

I have been getting this infection every winter with bad cough as soon as I interact with cold weather!

Technogal said...

Salamaaaat!
well 10 days is to much! you better see a doctor.

Ansam said...

miss-informed-
Thanks :-) I need a break... I really do (real one)

Zaina-
eshar mayeech. Thanks

Amu-
Thanks
Maybe you need to get a flu shot every season?

Technogal-
Alla yesalmich
ahhhhhh I dont want to :-(

Purgatory said...

editing huh ;p

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent