"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Karma Rocks




"My Name is Earl"




Do you watch that show? I like it a lot.. it makes me laugh, I think its hilarious, plus I think Karma rocks! I love Karma, don't you? I found out that not so many people I know like this show... or at least not as much as I do! Interesting!!



Well... Karma is an action or deed understood as denoting the "cause & effect" cycle described in many philosophies such as in Hinduism and Buddhism. The effects of all those deeds are cumulative. It actively create past, present, and future experiences that consequently makes us responsible for our own life and the pain and/or joy it brings.


It is believed that the fruit of your actions are called Larma-phala, and that all living creatures are responsible for their actions and effects of those actions.



According to Earl, the main character in the show I love, Karma is about learning, changing, and understanding... becoming a better person and trying to make up for your past mistakes. Earl started it when he got a hold of the idea of Karma. To him, Karma is like a teacher that gives us painful lessons to help us grow better... Basically it is showing us that what comes around goes around.


So the show starts with Earl winning this lottery ticket for $100,000 and short after he lose it when he is hit by a car. While watching TV in the hospital he hears about Karma on the show "Last Call with Carson Daly". Now who could be dense enough to think that Karma is the brainchild of "Last Call with Carson Daly?" LOL. I love Earl! OK so then he make this list of of all the bad deeds hes done, and after few good deeds his $100,00 lottery ticket comes back to him! He then decides to use that money to cross out some of the bad deeds in that list.



Over all the show is super duper hilarious! Not really portraying Karma, but its a good laugh!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that show, but yeah most people i know dont know much about it.

Ansam said...

Yeah Earl is hilarious man!

Anonymous said...

Yes I know the show but I don't catch every episode. It never fails to make me laugh. My favorite character is Joy. She's hilarious! I completely believe in Karma to the point where I don't get angry over things because I know what goes around comes around :)

Ansam said...

Joy! You are right! She makes me laugh so hard! I didnt like her much in Jack and Jill.. but in My Name is Earl she really is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember her in Jack and Jill! Actually I don't remember much about the show other than Amanda Peet and the guy who played Jill. Wow talk about flashback!

Confashion said...

I love the show! I watch it whenever I can.. :) Talking from experience (ahem) I so believe in Karma!

Ansam said...

WOW cool my blog buddies all like the show!

LayDeeLay said...

me too..me too!

Ansam said...

Si Si laydeelay we all love that show... Mi Nombre es Earl!

Anonymous said...

never heard of this show!

Utmost-y said...

i LOVE this show! but i dont know the timing so i dont get to watch it!
and karma Sure, When u do good deeds Allah will pay u in life and afterlife enshalllah! So i believed in it before watching Ny show!

Ansam said...

uTMoST-
Usually its on Tuesdays, 21:00 KW

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent