"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Eelection Text Messages
Below are some examples of silly ones (I tried to translate it to English in the best way possible so some of it might be lost in translation):
1. Vote for a Kuwaiti like you! (and I say... what about all the other candidates? aren't they all Kuwaitis? Duhhhh!)
2. You are invited TONIGHT -May 17th- for the final Dinner! (and I say: Yeah uh huh sure!! I cant believe all this is over, are you kidding me!! TONIGHT!!!)
3. Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Daughter, and Son! I need you all! (and I say: it kinda reminded me of Halima Boland's silly incident.. I want mommy.. daddy I want my hubby)
4. Your vote count, vote for your sister -Newspaper Name-! (and I say: Now what!!! Newspapers???)
5. I am oppressed so I need triumph! (and I seriously say: WHAT?)
6. Those who do not testify with falsity! (and I say: are you saying I have to vote for you because you are the best Muslim ever?)
7. It isnt just a rumor, but its a "testimony"! (and I say... yes! Sure!!!)
8. My sister, women have the right to at least one of your four votes! (and I say... yeah WOW GO GIRL POWER! even if you dont deserve it!!)
And MANY more!
PS: I keep adding to the list... any funny ones you have, please share!