OK :-) Interesting feedback I got by comments here, facebook, and email or text msgs LOL! I am so excited and everyone is telling me not to have high hopes, but I cant help it!
The pyramids (along with the horseback riding) and the museums are a MUST for me, but to sum up all the suggestions I got by a considerable amount of peeps, I picked the following...
- Buddha Bar - Sangria - La Bodega (If I get the chance to pass by all three but I dont think so, so I am gonna go for Buddha Bar as a first choice out of the three)
- Abu El Sid was also highly recommended
- I am definitely gonna pass by AlHussein and Khan AlKhalili and most likley will go to Najeeb Mahfouz Cafe au contrair to ElFishawi Cafe
- Four Seasons - Nile (for all kind of food and shopping) my friend also suggested the Thai restaurant at El Dokki Four Seasons, so will see how it goes :-)
- Anyone heard of Thomas Pizza? My half Egyptian friend said its "Egyptian Style".. interesting :-)
- Ghash is the best place to try foul (fava beans) and falafel. Its dirty but yummy, thats what I keep hearing. Its in Sayyeda Zeinab and I am up for the risk! I dont think my friend/coworker will try it though LOL
- Ohhh and I hear a lot about Abu Tarek's Kushari (SO MANY SUGGESTIONS!) hehehehe
- City Star Mall
- The Felucca Ride in the Nile at sunset was also highly recommended!
- Fatimid Cairo, where I can see Darweesh (Sufism, and men dancing in skirts)
Thats a long to-do list for my short stay! I typed them down in no specific order of preference! I wish I get to do all of the above but I doubt it... ohhh and I'm also gonna meet my friend Kelly whom I have not seen in over 10 years!
UPDATE: I added some picture plans (Thanks Dalia :-*)... Sorry I stole your Bayt Al Kiritliyya picture hehehe