"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Observations!

* Almost all speed cameras are facing opposite directions... have you noticed that? The ones that used to take pictures of the cars' front is now taking pictures of the cars' back... and vice versa!

* Weather do change people's attitudes! Somehow I feel that they are nicer... in regards to sales people and waiters/waitresses in restaurants! Thats nice!!

* Coffee Republic is an awesome cafe. I first dealt with them during the opening of FIVE60 and came to realize how amazing of staff they have and food/drinks quality. I was also invited to the opening of the Free Trade Zone branch and I hope they continue on this path of offering high quality food and drinks and maintain friendliness :-) They are awesome!

* A lot of people who came to the opening would approach me and ask.. "Ansam?" and when I say "Yes!" they smile and talk without introducing themselves... and when I ask who they are, they give me nicknames (their blog's name or so)! I totally respect that but I also find it funny :-P

* When I was closet cleaning.. I've decided to box whatever items of clothing I have not wore in more than a year and give it away. This method works best if you dont look back at those boxed items and reconsider keeping it... in the past I would be like "No! I cant give this away just yet, I will keep it!"But when you just box them away and never look back... it is much easier hehehehe.

* Wedding season started.. I have been to a couple of weddings already (and there are more to come)

* A lot of bloggers quit writing comments back to the commentors! When they used to write back it gave you a sense of interactivity. On the other hand... a lot of my friends would comment on my posts by email or verbally when they see me!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Speed cams face the opposite direction so that drivers wont know the range at which the camera can capture them. Alot of people used to speed up once they pass the camera. I was surprised, it's actually something smart.

2. I expect a comment back now :P

Purgatory said...

You do not read or follow news do you? the speed camera issue has been mentioned a while back everywhere ;p

and for the record, I am not one of the people who have called Ansam, "Ansam", nor have I met her, nor have I interacted with her, and any claims contrary to the above, are not true.

Shayouma said...

I too do like it when commentors comment back if you comment at their comment//

I never met bloggers yet.. but some are my relative and ako cham wa7da shakka feehom inna I know them but I didn't say anything maybe they don't want to be known OR maybe they are not who I think..

KTDP said...

speed cameras will always be a nuisance, weddings are just the same.

The weather is nice though it must be said.

Anonymous said...

On the camera's I am hating it cuz we bikers cant speed any more :(

On the blogger introducing them self to you I would be so embarrassed.

And on not commenting back on the comments I am sorry I know I haven't done that for my last 3 posts as I was totally lost I will do that NOW!!

Grey said...

I thought they were facing the oppsite lane, either way i dont speed beyong the given limit ..

Some salesmen are still jerks .. 'they don't like winter' :P

I don't reply to comments sometimes ..i don't know why i do that ... but it won't happen again ...

Grey said...

why are you moderating BTW?

Unknown said...

* The weather is getting better i agree with that, bs i'm not enjoying it as i should madrey laish :(

*Me likey CR gonna visit it more often inshallah ..

*Inshallah next time i'll come and introduce myself properly :Pp

*Wedding on Friday , yet more to come as well ..

* Exactly my point, i really can't understand why they don't reply on the comments ..

Anonymous said...

wain 9ayra Coffee republic?

Ansam said...

Salem (not a nickname)-
hehehe yeah it is! and here is your comment back ;-)

Purgatory-
:-)

:::ShoSho:::
It givees the blog sense of interactivity :-)
I met quiet a few!

KTDP-
LOL!!
I love the weather these days :-D

..::Amu::..
a7san testahloon :-P
I said I find it funny but its up to them! Ya3ni some nicknames are funny!!! and its not just you! I guess its a new trend some bloggers are following!!

Grey-
LOL ok :-P
and moderating gives me sense of control since there are spammers and non-sense commentors

Zabo0o6a-
LOL! You dont need to introduce yourself if I know you :-P I meant others... you did not look me up thats all :-P

Anonymous-
There is one in Warba building on Ahmed Al Jaber St (yam el borsa)
And one in the Free Trade Zone next to American Matress
And one in Mina Abdalla :-)

Anonymous said...

most of our radars captures from the back~

its just tiring writing back on comments~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Coffee Republic :)
7adhom eyaneenoon! ala eywfghom :*

yaaaaaaaaay wedding season! at least there is something fun to do here in Kuwait ;p

MacaholiQ8 said...

Regarding the last part... I always expect to get replies for my comments hence I always I try my best to reply to all comments, even smilies sometimes.

Ansam said...

Dreamy-
No its not :-P

PaLoMiNo-
I love'em too
Sometimes I am like oh my God! The wedding season started... and it makes me tired just thinking about it hehehehe

The Criticizer-
Me too :-) They took the time to comment... I take the time to write back whenever I can

Grey said...

3 days without a post ? something wrong?

Anonymous said...

I hate you!! I hate you.

Ansam said...

Grey-
Has it been three days!! Wow! I have nothing on my mind.. blogstipated :-P

cruxine-
hmmm!! OK!

Spur said...

i just noticed that about the cameras

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT:(

Anonymous said...

I totally love your cleaning out the closet technique - I am one who ends up putting most of it back, just in case . . .:-(

I am guessing people who tell you their bloggie names are people who interact with you and wanted you to know you have a (minimal) relationship with them already. :-)

Where is your rain photo? :-x

Big Pearls said...

I believe it would be really nice meeting a blogger:)

Ansam said...

Spur-
LOL

intlxpatr-
hehehehe try it... it hurts, but it also works :-) And about their names... I only find it funny, I dont need to know their names but when my partner for example asks who she is and I go "Jennie in a Bottle" they give me looks LOL
I did not post the pic but will email it to you now

Big Pearls-
I have met few bloggers :-) some of them are really nice and in touch now

Fastidious Babe said...

i find it hard to box my clothes.. but some things have to be done!


i really dont have time to comment during the week.. my actual online time is during the weekends..!


enjoy the wedding season! clothes, updos and makeup! XD

[ f 2 o d.e.s.i.g.n.s] said...

about those speed cam's: ambaih I sped up for the first time on my way home (knt frustrated with the za7ma and the drivers) and I went past the flipped-around cam makent adri enna it actually takes a pic from the back !

I LOVE Coffee Republic

I HATE Closet Cleaning :P

Ansam said...

Fastidious Babe-
It helps when you do it this way!!
and about comments.. you dont have to reply right away... but at least you do it, eventually ya3ni1

[ f 2 o d.e.s.i.g.n.s]
LOL

I love CR too
and I like the aftermath of closet cleaning hehehehe

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent