"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Rest in Peace Dr. Ahmed Al-Rubei
Last night, Kuwait lost one of its prominent men! A politician, an educator, an academic, a mentor, an amazing writer, and a dear friend to many people. A man loved by a large number of people! He died but did not leave us! He will always be remembered by many of us!
• Born in 1949.
• Graduated in 1976 from Kuwait University - Philosophy.
• Ph, D. in 1984 - Harvard.
• Member in the Council 1985.
• Member in the Council 1992.
• Minister of Education and Higher Education - 1992 1996.
• Member in the Council 1999.
• Active member in the press - Al Seyasa - Al-Watan - Al-Qabas - Middle East