Traveling season is around the corner... Sadly, the airline companies don't care that much about you! I mean they pack as many people as they can, from different age groups and different backgrounds... This can compromise your comfort when in airplane!
Here some useful information that may come in handy when traveling:
1. Do a list of the things you cannot travel without (deodorant, toothpaste/brush, underwear, socks.. etc) a head of time and leave it in your suitcase! This is what I usually do :-)
I cross check the list of the must have items when packing.
2. Reserve a good seat.. Most airlines allow you to reserve a seat online.. now think of your priorities, because even within the same class fare, some seats can be superior to others. Think of what you want? Sleep? Leg room? Privacy? Also consider to move around when on board to stretch your leg between now and then. (Check seat exercises)
3. Pack along something to keep you entertained! I usually get a book, magazines, and sudoku puzzle. Keep in mind that you want to travel light (at least I do).. so pack as less as you can in your carry-on bag... but also try and bring extra clothes for longer flights, they can get quite cold at some points.
4. I also recommend that you get some chewing gum to relieve pressure (when you want to relieve pressure you can also hold your nose and blow), water mist, lip palm, eye shades, ear plugs, band-aid, decongestant, wet napkins, and eye drops (just in case)... Also when on board drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration! Did you know that the dry air in an airplane is much drier than the desert?
5. Remember to read the new sets of rules and regulations. Some things may be taken away from you... such as liquids and sharp instruments!
6. If you have motion/air sickness, get something with ginger.. ginger cookies, snaps, biscuits.. etc.. or (this may sound weird) smell a newspaper! This can help calm your stomach.