"Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May" is a poem by Robert Herrick. This poem portrays our existence on earth, and that people age as life goes on, and everything becomes boundless. Herrick here urges people to take advantage of youth and energy while they may! The poem is in the genre of carpe diem, to seize the day.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Is it just me or is it Windex?!

It not that I am practicing road skills or anything... But I almost hit a bird when I was driving to work today! I am not crazy, but sometimes I think birds target me in the morning when I drive.. I am talking crazy birds who want to commit suicide! I swear!!! They fly right in front of me when I am driving, when I can't slow down in time, or slam my brakes!

It could be the season when olives ripen, and that some birds steal and eat them and get "drunk" which messes up their senses and tiny brains, often causing them to fly into windows in the morning when they are hung-over!

The first incident happend late last year when I was driving to work and a stupid pigeon decided to land right in front of my wheels when I was driving! All I saw in my side mirrors were feathers.. lots and lots of feathers! I was like this is a bad start for my day!

The second incident occured not long after the first one.. It was January! I was also driving to work (I think that is the peak time for pigeons' stupidity!) and another stupid pigeon flew straight to my window! I swear I almost had a car accident when it slammed on my window!

Few days later that month another very similar incident happen, only I was looking at the bird this time flying straight to me, with the pavement on my left and a car on my right.. it was unavoidable one! I was looking at it flying fast and I tried to slow down but that didn't work!
BAM! in the window and then on the passenger's window! I was agitated and disturbed at how long this bird-craze will go on!

At that day I was suppose to go to the mall with one of my colleagues, and when she wanted to get in the car she saw feathers on the window and was like: "WHAT IS THIS!!"

So I told her about it... and the "birds-flying-to-me" phase ended right there... TILL THIS MORNING! When I almost run-over a bird!

I know one thing! I will try to avoid it as much as I can, but not to the point where I could injure myself! I mean come on, birds run into glass doors/windows for the same reason people do! But what the hey! Its NOT my problem! I don't care if they're drunk, stupid, or in mating season! I will just drive to work everyday and live my day! Whether I kill a bird on the way or not!!!


Also check: http://magazine.audubon.org/features0403/alert.html

2 comments:

Flamingoliya said...

pigeons are dumb.

would you like to post a review on cosmo blog about little treats?

Ansam said...

Hello flamingoliya...
Yes sure.. do you want me to do so?
I love those little treats... heehee
whats the blog addy?

About Me

My photo
Adventurous, Artist, Analyst, Creative, Independent